Afrobeat Continues With 13 Billion Streams On Spotify By 2022 One of the hottest sounds in the world. While countries such as the US, UK, and Nigeria are still the biggest consumers of Afrobeats, the popularity of the genre is growing as fans can’t get enough of artists like France, the Netherlands, and Mexico. are growing rapidly in countries such as Rema, Ira Starrand burna boy.
That’s why we launch Afrobeat: Journey of 1 Billion Streamsa website dedicated to serving as a repository for Afrobeat’s latest news and developments.
Seeing the origin of this genre in Ghana, its rise and evolution in Ghana, Nigeriaor fusion with other genres, how Afrobeat Africa’s largest cultural export And we’re following that underreported story.
Afrobeat: Journey of 1 Billion Streams consists of five main pillars.
- origin Explore the genre that served as the precursor to Afrobeat as we know it.
- evolution We take a deeper dive into the industry insiders who contributed to the current Afrobeat sound that the whole world seems to be tired of.
- fusion See how Afrobeat has changed Created by merging with other genreslike that reggaeton, pianoand other hybrids.
- cultural export Documents the influence of Afrobeat in the lens of music, food, language and fashion, especially in non-African countries.
- afrobeat women shed light on part of leading women in the industry Their contributions have propelled the genre to its current status as a global sensation.
The site features regular interviews with top experts, videos, quizzes, the latest Spotify data and Afrobeat listening trends.
“There’s no question that Afrobeat as a genre will remain here and continue to smash more ceilings,” he says. Jocelyn Muftu-Remy, Managing Director of Spotify in Sub-Saharan Africa. “In 2023 alone, the genre received over 223 million hours of play and over 7.1 billion streams on Spotify. We created this site for both new and long-time fans of the genre who want a deeper understanding of the genre.”
Over the next eight weeks, the site will be updated regularly to keep you actively updated with the latest happenings from the global Afrobeats community.
Check out the hottest hits on our playlist as you get the latest Afrobeat news. african heat.