Dundee – The 22nd annual Mayfly Music Festival takes place June 16th and 17th at Wolverine Park in downtown Dundee.
New attractions include a 40-foot-tall Ferris wheel and competitions for children.
Organizers Dundee Area Business Association said: “There will be a new ‘Name the Guitar Bug’ contest for kids up to 12 years old.” “At the Mayfly Festival, there will be a large billboard with a picture of an insect and a jar nearby to put your suggested name in. So start thinking of good names now.”
The child with the winning name will receive a prize.
Organizers say the annual festival draws about 4,000 people each year. Admission is he $5 a day. Debit and credit cards add a 3% fee. Children 12 and under are free of charge.
The festival runs from 5pm to midnight on Fridays.
Fools Fait performs at 7pm That Arena Rock Show performs at 9pm
Fireworks begin at dusk on Friday. Meyer is a fireworks sponsor.
Fridays also offer food booths, beer tents, children’s games, and children’s crafts.
Hours of operation are Saturdays from 11am to midnight.
The Step Aside Band will play from 6-7pm. Flight plays at 7pm. The Eliminator Band, a ZZ Top tribute band, will perform at 9pm.
Saturday also offers stalls, crafts, food booths, beer tents, games and crafts for kids.
Children’s Saturday activities include:
• 11am – dusk: inflatables, crafts, games, petting zoo, face painting
• 11am-1pm: Ann Arbor School of Rock, concerts
• 12:00pm – 4:00pm: Twist and Shout the Clown Voronatic
• 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Elsa and Anna Stage Show by Laurel’s Princess Party
• 1:30pm – 3:00pm: Interact with Elsa and Anna
• 3:00 PM: Demonstration of Korean Taekwondo Academy in Dundee.
• 4:00pm – 4:30pm: Mirabelle and Bruno Stage Show by Laurel’s Princess Party
• 4:30pm – 6:00pm: Meeting with Mirabelle and Bruno
Coolers, pets and backpacks are not allowed. Use of lawn chairs is permitted. Parking is available on the street and in the village car park.
For more information, visit mayflymusicfestival.com.